Re: Using '@localhost in a key attribute
- Date: Sat, 23 Sep 1995 10:40:13 -0400
* Greetings -
* I'm trying to use a RIPE-style database for a database here in University
* College Dublin. One of the attributes I want to use is an e-mail
* address (I have an object which contains data on e-mail users). However,
* lookups for these objects are failing (although they're in the database.
* Is there a problem using an '@localhost symbol (such as I get in an e-mail address)
* in a key? Thanks for any and all assistance ...
If I remember well, the @ sign is not allowed in a key. This should be
an easy fix. There is no real reason for it, we just had to decide on
a set of letters that were allowed in a key and the @ sign did not
seem useful at the time. David Kessens, current keeper of the
software, should be able to change it or tell you where to change it.