[Atlas-anchors-pilot] Public contact details for anchor hosts?

Romeo Zwart romeo.zwart at ripe.net
Tue Sep 24 15:17:54 CEST 2013

Hi Tore, and all,

On 13/09/20 15:18 , Tore Anderson wrote:
[...]

> For what it's worth I consider the RIPE NCC as the End User of the
> assignment made to the Anchor. Accordingly, I've registered the
> assignment using the RIPE NCC's contact details.

The assignment may be pointing to us, but this information is imo
primarily to be used by us (RIPE NCC) to contact the right person/role
at the host. So, quite unrelated to the address space assignment.

> This is per your own
> instructions:
>
> https://www.ripe.net/ripe/mail/archives/atlas-anchors-pilot/2013-April/000135.html
>
> That said, I have no principal objection to adding our own NOC object as
> an additional tech-c.

In view of the above use of this information, it feels like a circular
reference to me. :)

So my 2 cents: nic-handle great, preferably a role object rather than
person, but definitely not a RIPE NCC handle.

Cheers,