[Atlas-anchors-pilot] Announcing the second phase of the "Pilot"

Sascha E. Pollok sp at iphh.net
Fri Feb 15 17:49:58 CET 2013

Hey Vesna, Lia, et al,

> As we have announced in October, here is the list of next 8 hosts [2]
> Yves, Paolo, Sascha, Fabian, Jens, Arnaud, Mark & Florian
> (Martin moved to phase 1, and already has his box running)
[...]
> It is important to realize that one possible outcome of the second phase
> still is that we would not continue with combining services and Atlas
> Anchor on these systems and the systems would therefore only remain a
> RIPE Atlas Anchor, as target and an Atlas probe.
>
> With this in mind, I would like to hear from you:
>
> - are you still interested in hosting the RIPE Atlas Anchor?
> (if you are one of those listed here [2])

great to hear it is moving on. Just very quickly as I am totally busy:
yes, still interested even if no other services would run on the box.
(as long as we may wear shirts saying "Proud Atlas-Anchor Host" :-))

Please tell us if we should go ahead with the hardware or wait until
your 10-days-survey is over.

And of course: happy holidays!

Cheers
Sascha

Sascha E. Pollok                      E-Mail: sp at iphh.net
Manager Network Design and Operations Tel: +49 (0)40 374919-10
IPHH Internet Port Hamburg GmbH       Fax: +49 (0)40 374919-29
Wendenstrasse 408                     AG Hamburg, HRB 76071
20537 Hamburg, Germany                CEO: Axel G. Kroeger