[Atlas-anchors-pilot] HW specs: the choice of *two*

Hans Petter Holen Hans.Petter.Holen at visma.com
Fri Sep 28 14:04:02 CEST 2012

On 09/27/2012 09:49 PM, Romeo Zwart wrote:
>> The system proposed indeed includes an on-board Dual-port GE interface
>> (Broadcom).

>OK, so the MTU issue with this hardware still persists? Broadcom drivers don't do jumbo frames reliably.

We have a healthy stock of Broadcom cards that we have had to replace with Intel for various reasons on Xen, Hyper-V and also vmware.
So you may want to think twice before going for Broadcom.

If there is interest I can benchmark the server prices with our prices to se if there is possible to get an even better deal.

Hans Petter