[Atlas-anchors-pilot] Network configuration details

Romeo Zwart romeo.zwart at ripe.net
Tue Oct 30 12:21:12 CET 2012

On 12/10/30 10:39 , Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:19:59AM +0100, Tore Anderson wrote:
>> * Tore Anderson
>>
>>> Just got my purchase order approved, so I'll be ordering the box later
>>> today. I was wondering about how its network configuration should look
>>> like, such as:
>>
>> Another thing. Will the box respond to pings and traceroutes with no
>> rate-limiting and so on, and if so may I use it for the "pingable"
>> attribute on my route objects?

At the moment we are not considering any form of rate-limitation. So
yes, you can advertise it in your pingable attribute.

> As this is supposed to be an Atlas Anchor (among being a kitchensink),
> which sole purpose in life is "be a target for pings and stuff",

Right. The kitchen sink is one thing, but being the Atlas Anchor
definitely is it's core function - so being pingable without any
unrealistic constraints makes sense.

> I'd be very surprised if it would deploy unreasonable rate-limits.

Me too. ;-)

Romeo