[Atlas-anchors-pilot] Network configuration details

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Tue Oct 30 10:39:57 CET 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:19:59AM +0100, Tore Anderson wrote:
> * Tore Anderson
>
> > Just got my purchase order approved, so I'll be ordering the box later
> > today. I was wondering about how its network configuration should look
> > like, such as:
>
> Another thing. Will the box respond to pings and traceroutes with no
> rate-limiting and so on, and if so may I use it for the "pingable"
> attribute on my route objects?

As this is supposed to be an Atlas Anchor (among being a kitchensink),
which sole purpose in life is "be a target for pings and stuff", I'd
be very surprised if it would deploy unreasonable rate-limits.

(I could see it deploy rate-limits on TCP SYNs that might cause costly
servers to start, but not for ICMP and UDP)

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279