[Atlas-anchors-pilot] Network configuration details

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Tue Oct 30 09:46:18 CET 2012

Hi,

Just got my purchase order approved, so I'll be ordering the box later
today. I was wondering about how its network configuration should look
like, such as:

- Host name and desired PTR DNS records?
- Will both or only one of the LAN ports be used?
- If both ports are to be used, how should the network be configured?
(LACP, static LAG, VRRP, same VLAN, as independent layer-3 ports, or
something else?)
- Desired prefix lengths for IPv4 and IPv6? (If shorter than /31 for
IPv4, could you provide a filled in ripe-488 form?)
- Address configuration (DHCPv4, IPv6 ND/RA, DHCPv6, SLAAC, static, ..)?
- Any routing requirements to be aware of? I assume BGP will be used for
the K-root instance?
- Is IPv4 a requirement for the iDRAC port, or is IPv6-only fine? (I try
to save on IPv4 addresses where I can...)

--
Tore Anderson
Redpill Linpro AS - http://www.redpill-linpro.com