[Apwg-ipv6-papi] [pdo] policy proposal done?

Marco Schmidt mschmidt at ripe.net
Sun Sep 8 23:02:48 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 9/7/13 2:40 PM, Elvis Velea wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I managed to read the whole document and I want to thank Comms for
> their great work.
>
> @Marco - I'd like to request three small changes, if that is still
> possible.
>
> 1. please update the e-mail address in the Authors section from
> elvis at velea.eu to elvis at v4escrow.net

No problem.

> 2. I would like to add an other short rationale supporting the proposal:
>
> Currently, organisations that want to offer services (other than
> shared) to their customers over IPv6 can only to this if they become
> an LIR. Non-LIRs can use IPv6 PI only to number their internal network
> and offer shared hosted services. This policy allows Non-LIRs to offer
> all of their services to customers over IPv6 as well.
Sounds reasonable. Are the other proposers fine with that?

> (I had my coffee before writing this paragraph but I don't like how
> it's written, maybe you can reword it and make it shorter and clearer :)

I will ask a native English speaker from Comms to have a look and I'll
send you their approach as soon I get it.

> 3. I would split 6.1 in two different sections
>
> 6.1 Allocations for Anycasting TLD and
> 6.2 Allocations for Tier 0/1 ENUM Nameservers
>
> (what do you think? would it be better to split it or just leave it as
> it is right now?)
As I'm not so involved in the proposal development I don't see yet what
would be the advantage of this split. But it's your proposal :) What do
the other proposers think?

> the rest looks great.

My plan is to publish the proposal on Tuesday. This gives you the chance
to to agree with the final version or provide last minute changes during
the whole Monday. And I have enough time with our webmaster to set up
everything.

Best regards,
Marco