[Apwg-ipv6-papi] who can make assignments?

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Thu Jul 4 18:11:18 CEST 2013

Hi,

> I have a question regarding assignments.
>
> Currently, a holder of an allocation can make an assignment. This
> includes the RIPE NCC making PI assignments to organisations or private
> persons, the LIR making assignments to organisations or private citizens.
>
> Since we want to introduce the opportunity of 'Sponsored Allocation' my
> question is:
> - do we want to have the option for a private citizen to request a
> portable allocation from which to make assignments? or should only
> registered organisations be allowed to make assignments?

Treat everyone equally. I might want to provide connectivity for my neighbours for example. Besides: I have an 'eenmanszaak' (single person company). Am I a person or an organisation? According to Dutch law I am both. My tax number is equal to my social security number for example. And I think the Dutch law is easy compared to some of the countries the RIPE NCC covers...

Cheers,
Sander