[Apwg-ipv6-papi] who can make assignments?

Elvis Velea elvis at velea.eu
Thu Jul 4 17:59:43 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have a question regarding assignments.

Currently, a holder of an allocation can make an assignment. This
includes the RIPE NCC making PI assignments to organisations or private
persons, the LIR making assignments to organisations or private citizens.

Since we want to introduce the opportunity of 'Sponsored Allocation' my
question is:
- do we want to have the option for a private citizen to request a
portable allocation from which to make assignments? or should only
registered organisations be allowed to make assignments?

Currently a private citizen can request a PI assignment via a Sponsoring
LIR.

cheers,
elvis