[Apwg-ipv6-papi] policy proposal done?

Daniel Stolpe stolpe at resilans.se
Fri Aug 30 15:01:26 CEST 2013

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013, Gert Doering wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 02:35:31PM +0200, Daniel Stolpe wrote:
>>> What sort of customers do you see that need more than a /48, without
>>> being ISPs themselves?
>>>
>>> A /48 qualifies as "fairly big chunk" for me :-)
>>
>> I'll give you one: the county administration of Stockholm.
>
> Oh, *that*.
>
> For some funny reason, this seems to be the biggest source of confusion
> and complaints in all the IPv6 world.
>
> "We want a big block for all adminstrative networks in country XX" *plus*
> "oh, and every member state needs to be able to route their part of that
> big block in an independent manner".

Exactly.

These are one category. Then there are som really large corporate groups
with complex setups.

A common thing is that all of them seem to have *at least* one /16 of IPv4
space.

> Heard that from DE, CH and ES by now...

There are probably more of them out there. :-)

Cheers,

Daniel

Daniel Stolpe           Tel:  08 - 688 11 81                   stolpe at resilans.se
Resilans AB             Fax:  08 - 55 00 21 63            http://www.resilans.se/