[Apwg-ipv6-papi] policy proposal done?

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Fri Aug 30 14:21:51 CEST 2013

>>> I'd assume that if this we really hurting that much, someone might propose
>>> to change it...
>>
>> Just ignoring it is easier...
>
> True, but even then we should have heard more complaints at IPv6 conferences
> and such.  Eerie silence...

I think there are multiple different cases here:
1. those that have like DSL customers and become an LIR
2. those that have like DSL customers and don't bother about IPv6
3. those that offer services in a data centre and become an LIR
4. those that offer services in a data centre and use PI
5. those that offer services in a data centre and don't yet bother about IPv6

This policy would really help for case 4. I think the number of companies in case 3 is very small. Cases 2 and 5 will hopefully start moving soon, and it would be good if we can have something reasonable for case 5.

Anyway, out of crystal ball error :-)
Sander