Final drafts of RIPE-209 and RIPE-214

  • To:
  • From: "Henk Uijterwaal \(RIPE-NCC\)" < >
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 15:37:54 +0200 (CEST)

Dear all,

I have put the (hopefully) final drafts of RIPE-209 and RIPE-214, in
various formats, on the test-traffic website

  http://www.ripe.net/test-traffic/

or

  http://www.ripe.net/ripencc/mem-services/ttm/#docs

* RIPE-209, "Providing Test Traffic Measurements as a membership service".

  This document describes the model the RIPE-NCC will use for selling the
  test-boxes and the related service for operating them.  It also
  describes the services based on the data.  This document has been
  discussed in the tt-wg and plenary sessions of the last few RIPE
  meetings.

* RIPE-214, "General Terms to the RIPE-NCC Test Traffic Measurements and
  Test-Box Purchase Agreement".

  This document contains the contract used to sell the test-boxes and
  the related service for operating them.  It is the translation into
  "legally correct" English of RIPE-209.

If you have any last minute comments on these documents, please let me
know before the end of the week (13/10/00, 8:00 UTC).

Two other documents are currently being prepared:

* RIPE-215: An update of the installation manual for the test-boxes
  (currently document RIPE-168).

* A 2 page glossy summary of RIPE-209, describing the advantages of
  hosting a test-box for your manager.

Today, I also received the last cable necessary for the next series of 25
test-boxes.  As soon as we have tested this, we will make an announcement
on how you can order one or more of those boxes.

Kind regards,

Henk Uijterwaal

Henk Uijterwaal                    Email: henk.uijterwaal@localhost
RIPE Network Coordination Centre     WWW: http://www.ripe.net/home/henk
Singel 258                         Phone: +31.20.535-4414,  Fax -4445
1016 AB Amsterdam                   Home: +31.20.4195305
The Netherlands                   Mobile: +31.6.55861746

A man can take a train and never reach his destination.
                                               (Kerouac, well before RFC2780).