Maps Working Group

  • To: RIPE < >
  • From: Daniele Bovio < >
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 92 14:07:31 NFT

Folks,
as the people attending the last RIPE meeting in Paris may remember,
I volunteered to chair the network maps group and to kick off once
more the discussion on this topic.
A list has been created at the RIPE NCC for this purpose:

                      maps-wg@localhost

The list will be used essentially to discuss and find out what we
think about the following:

* are maps useful or not.
* is it worth producing them or not.
* should maps be produced centrally (NCC) or in a distributed fashion
  (various regional networks should provide them)
* should/could maps be produced from the RIPE database or not.
* what amount of manpower we estimate necessary to produce and
  maintain network maps (both centrally and distributed).
* any other issue related to the production of maps I have forgot and
  you would like to suggest.

(not necessarily in this order ;-))

If you feel interested in discussing these topics please send a mail
to: maps-wg.request@localhost to be added to the list.
The idea is to go to the January meeting with a preliminary draft
document answering these questions, finalize it in a parallel session,
and eventually present the outcome to the RIPE assembly.

Best Regards

                                                 d.