Re: Meeting, Charging & Documents

  • To: Peter Villemoes < >
  • From: Lars-Johan Liman < >
  • Date: Mon, 09 Sep 1996 18:39:10 +0200
  • Cc: NCC Contributors < >

Peter.Villemoes@localhost:
> If capital is assembled by selling shares there is no tax to RIPE
> NCC.  I realise this requires rethinking of the NCC's legal
> structure and requires the problem of control to be carefully
> analysed.

> One might allocate shares in three categories as for the payment
> scale, I think this would give sufficiently dilution to prevent any
> single entity from controlling the NCC.

Doesn't this create a great deal of problems with organizations that
provide IP service, but that are in one way or another "forbidden" to
buy shares? They would be forced to relinquish their influence on the
RIPE NCC activities, and would have to buy service from a monoply
organization. Not in line with Internet thinking, I would say ...

				Best regards,
				  /Liman
# Lars-Johan Liman			 ! Internet: liman@localhost
# Ebone/NORDUnet/SUNET Operations Centre ! BITNET  : LIMAN@localhost
# Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden	 ! HTTP    : //www.sunet.se/~liman
#					 ! Voice   : Int +46 8 - 790 65 60