RIPE NCC Fees for 1996
- Date: Thu, 21 Sep 1995 16:18:28 +0200
as circulated earlier contributors committee has set the charging
scheme and fee structure for 1996.
The notable changes are
- a reduction of at least 25% to the yearly fees for service
- the introduction of a new category 'Supernational' geared towards ISPs
operating in multiple countries
- the termination of 'time-permitting' service. In 1996 the NCC will
process *only* requests from registries in good standing
- the discontinuation of the fee waver for last-resort registries.
These will have to contribute like any other registry.
The 'RIPE NCC BILLING PROCEDURE and FEE SCHEDULE' has been adapted to this.
You will find a copy enclosed in this message.
Please note the following:
- We will invoice registries with existing agreements in November.
These invoices will be due December 31st.
- Please notify billing@localhost as soon as possible if
- you want to change your category in 1996,
- you want to change your billing arrangements
- you want to use the special arrangement to pay in January.
- In case you would like to terminate the NCC service agreement,
you will have to do so by October 1st.
- In case you are a 'Last Resort' registry please contact us about
charges in 1996.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
RIPE NCC Manager
1996 RIPE NCC BILLING PROCEDURE and FEE SCHEDULE
1. The 1996 fee schedule is as follows:
Enterprise registries: ECU 1000.- / year
Service Provider Registries
Small ECU 1500.- / year
Medium ECU 4500.- / year
Large ECU 8500.- / year
Supernational multiples of ECU 8500.- / year
If you intend to set up a 'Supernational' registry or
you are not sure which category applies, please contact
Start-up fee for registries
established during 1996 ECU 2000.-
2. Registries established during the course of the year are
charged as follows:
established during charge
1st quarter start-up fee + full yearly fee
2nd quarter start-up fee + 3/4 yearly fee
3rd quarter start-up fee + 1/2 yearly fee
4th quarter start-up fee + 1/4 yearly fee
3. The start-up fee is due with the first invoice.
4. Billing is in advance.
5. The billing period is the calendar year.
6. By prior special arrangement half-yearly and quarterly billing
is possible under the following conditions:
- The minimum amount invoiced is ECU 750.-.
- An ECU 65.- service charge applies to each invoice.
7. Bills are due on the last day of the month preceding the
billing period or 30 days after issuing of the invoice,
whichever is later.
8. Late payments will be subject to an late payment charges of ECU 100.-
and cause an immediate reduction in NCC service level.
Interest according to the prevailing bank rate in the Netherlands
may be charged on any late payments.
9. By prior special arrangement invoiced amounts due on December 31st
may be received by January 21st without incurring late payment
charges or service level reduction.