Re: EUnets - again

  • To: (Daniel Karrenberg)
  • From: (Simon Poole)
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 1995 09:00:04 +0100 (MET)
  • Cc:

> To whom it may concern,
>
> Late last Friday Simon Poole of EUnet/CH lodged a serious complaint
> against the RIPE NCC which was given wide circulation.

Considering the fact that EUnet sent this request directly to exactly
one external responsible person and did not make our complaint public
in any form, I can only assume that you are trying to make a preemptive
strike.

As you know, I spent a significant amount of time yesterday verifying
the story and have come to the conclusion that the story related
to me by my staff is true in all essential parts (in the impression
created on the consultant). Some of the fuzziness in what was originally
related to me, may be attributed to our staff member being extremely
embarrassed and shocked after receiving the call from the consultant.

I do not doubt that the (wrong) impression created on the consultant
may be due to misunderstandings and to language difficulties, which
can be attributed to a new and inexperienced member of your staff and
to the consultant being under pressure. However this can not be our
problem, what effects us are the net results of this situation however
they may have arised.

And to recapitulate, the consultants impression was:

	- EUnet AG owes the NCC money and had not paid.

	- his request was not being processed because of
	  the above.

And while you may try to argue away all responsibility, you can not deny
that the NCC delibertly put procedures in place (and has made statements),
that have a high risk of leading to such "misunderstandings".

Simon Poole
EUnet AG, Managing Director