Re: New number ranges for E.164

  • To: Adrian Georgescu < >
  • From: HiroHOTTA < >
  • Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 19:57:22 +0900
  • Cc: "Stastny Richard" < >
    < >
On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:09:17 +0100
Adrian Georgescu ag@localhost wrote:
> Should regulators in each country consider assigning a dedicated number
> range (see Japan example), there will be no need to
> authenticate/validate new requests. ENUM numbers will be assigned on
> the basis of first asked/first served the same way like Internet Domain
> Names. Using established procedures existing already in each country
> for the Domain Names could do the transfers or canceling of numbers. We
> aim for maintaining the  E164 space consistent as Richard mentioned and
> other achievable goals that will appear in our sight.

Adrian,

Thank you for referring to Japan case. And please accept my
apologies that I couldn't attend the ETSI plugtest meeting.

Although Japanese Government (regulator) decided 050xxxxyyyy to
IP phones and 050s are already in the market, they haven't
decided the number space for ENUM. This means they haven't
decided whether dedicated or not-dedilated numbers shall be
used. For trials, they strongly suggested the Trial Group,
though not forced us, to use different numbers from those
already assigned including 050xxxxyyyy.

Regards,
Hiro