Re: [Enum] PBX-to-PBX Internet trunking success with ENUM andh.323 - a first

  • To: Michael Haberler < >
  • From: "Conroy, Lawrence (SMTP)" < >
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:52:35 +0100
  • Cc:

Hi Folks,
Me too, but using SIP :) All get checked in ENUM before processing. Works fine.

The reason I follow up here is that I note that ENUM code and the configuration systems
that are coming out to populate the ENUM entries need some work. We can standardise
processing in the (I sure hope soon to be) RFC, but what's out there in the field is
not necessarily what we've agreed.

I've seen 2916-compatible entries, 2916bis entries, some strange unregistered ones
(either in 2916 or in 2916bis order/syntax), and multiple entries with the same
order and priority.

Also, I note that the processing code for some boxes treats only the first NAPTR it
handles as the "one to return", regardless of order and priority.

Thus these corner cases (multiple NAPTRs, mixed syntax, unregistered enumservices)
will occur. Even if "your" ENUM entries are correct, the client box that does the
ENUM lookup may not behave quite the way one expects, so - be careful out here.

Whilst it isn't a standards issue, I think that we are getting to the point where
interworking test sessions would be useful.

all the best
Lawrence