Measurements and Tools Training Course Outline
With this training course, you will become familiar with the RIPEstat and RIPE Atlas.
After this course you will:
- Understand how to use RIPEstat to troubleshoot your network
- Understand how to use RIPEstat to get information about other networks
- Understand how to use RIPE Atlas for network monitoring and troubleshooting
- Understand how to use APIs to create measurements
- Understand how to receive measurements in real time
- Understand how to integrate RIPE Atlas with your existing network monitoring tools
You should attend this training course if you work for a Local Internet Registry (LIR) in the RIPE NCC service region and if you want to use the RIPE NCC's tools to monitor and troubleshoot your network.
- Introduction to RIPE and the RIPE NCC
- Introduction to RIPEstat
- More about widgets
- Visualising BGP routing Information
- Reporting abuse
- Introduction to RIPE Atlas
- Using RIPE Atlas as a visitor
- Looking up public probes
- Finding results of public measurements
- Creating a measurement
- Network monitoring
- Command-line Interface Toolset
- More RIPE Atlas features
- Take part in the RIPE Atlas community
- The Measurements and Tools Training Course is based on hands-on practical exercises and demonstrations. Throughout the day, various exercises and demonstrations will get you familiar with the RIPEStat and RIPE Atlas and allow you to practice your newly learned skills.
- At the course, we hand out a USB stick containing the course material
and a printed version of the slides.
The material you need to bring:
Please bring your laptop. This course is based on interactive exercises.
Your laptop should:
- Be able to connect to a wireless network
- Have a web browser installed
You can register as follows:
- Complete the application form through the LIR Portal.
- Send an email to training _at_ ripe _dot_ net. As it can take longer for us to deal with such emails, this is not the recommended way to register for a course. We can only accept two people from the same LIR per training course. If more than two people apply, they will be placed on the waiting list and only admitted on the course if there are free places.
The costs of this course are covered by the LIR's membership fee. The course includes lunch and training materials. Travel expenses and accommodation during the training course are not included.
More details on the training course policies are available in the RIPE NCC Training Registration Guidelines.
All Measurement and Tools Courses are conducted in English.
We ask everyone to arrive by 09:00 for coffee. The course starts at 09:30 and finishes at 17:30.