DNSSEC Training Course Outline
With this training course, you will learn how DNSSEC works and become familiar with the related procedures and tools.
After this course you will:
- Understand the basic concepts of DNS security
- Know how to configure a DNSSEC-enabled resolver for your network
- Know how to configure basic DNSSEC for your domains
- Know how to configure reverse DNSSEC records for your networks
- Be familiar with DNSSEC-related tools and procedures
- Know how to troubleshoot basic DNSSEC problems
Who should attend:
You should attend this training course if you are part of the staff of a Local Internet Registry (LIR) in the RIPE NCC service region and manage DNS servers.
- Introduction to DNS
- Introduction to Cryptography
- Introduction to DNSSEC
- Configuring a DNSSEC Resolver
- DNSSEC Zone Records
- Key Management and Rollover
- Securing Zone Transfers
- Reverse Delegations
- Distributing Secure Data with DNSSEC
- DNSSEC Troubleshooting
This course doesn’t cover:
- The basics of routing, or any technical routing topics
- How to receive IP addresses from the RIPE NCC
- How to operate a Local Internet Registry (LIR)
- The DNSSEC Training Course is based on hands-on practical exercises and demonstrations. Throughout the day, various exercises and demonstrations will get you familiar with DNSSEC and allow you to practice your new skills.
- You will receive a USB stick containing the course material and a printed version of the slides.
- Basic knowledge of the Domain Name System
- Basic experience in managing BIND configuration and zone files
The material you need to bring:
Please bring your laptop. This course is based on interactive exercises via a web browser. Your laptop should:
- Be able to connect to a wireless network
- Have a web browser installed
You can register as follows:
- Complete the application form through the LIR Portal.
- Send an email to training _at_ ripe _dot_ net. As it can take longer for us to deal with such mails, this is not the recommended way to register for a course.
We can only accept two people from the same LIR per training course. If more then two people apply, they will be placed on the waiting list and only admitted on the course if there are free places.
The costs of this course are covered by the LIR's membership fee. The course includes lunch and training materials. Travel expenses and accommodation during the training course are not included.
More details on the training course policies are available in the RIPE NCC LIR Training Registration Guidelines.
All DNSSEC Training Courses are conducted in English.
We ask everyone to arrive by 09:00 for coffee. The course starts at 09:30 and finishes at 17:30.