RIPE NCC Roundtable Meeting February 2006
The February 2006 RIPE NCC Roundtable Meeting for Governments and Regulators took place on Tuesday, 7 February 2006, at the Schiphol Sheraton in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The focus of the discussions was on issues of relevance to governments and regulators such as:
- How to participate in and influence IP address management policy-making
- The industry self-regulatory, open structures and processes used by the RIPE NCC and the global Internet community
- RIPE and the Policy Development Processes
- IPv4/IPv6 address space
- The Root Name Server System - Operation of the K-root Server
- Public Policy Aspects of Address Space Allocation
Attendees included RIPE Chair, Rob Blokzijl (pictured), RIPE NCC Public Affairs Officer, Roland Perry, and a range of government representatives, regulators and industry partners from Europe, the Middle East and Central Asia.