Choosing a TTS

  • To:
  • From: Benoit Grange < >
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 1994 11:42:03 +0100

We at NIC France are very interested by this discussion.

We are thinking about setting up a TTS. I started experimenting gnats,
but it need some changes to fit our needs. It also has some little
quirks. Can you make your patches to gnats available to all of us ?

Our main question is: Do we buy a 'ready to use, commercial' TTS or do
we take some time to customise/fix/improve a freeware one. That's an
important issue for us, because we have little free time to do this.
(A time versus money problem).

Do some organisation of the list already use a TTS. If you do, can you
report the name of the product, and your feeling about it ?

Benoit Grange
NIC France

E-Mail: Benoit.Grange@localhost