[mat-wg] New Face(s) in the Measurements and Tools Area

  • To: Measurement Analysis and Tools Working Group mat-wg@localhost
  • From: Daniel Karrenberg <daniel.karrenberg@localhost
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 10:31:53 +0200
  • Cc: RIPE Atlas People ripe-atlas@localhost

Gentlepeople,

I am very happy to announce that we have a new community builder for
measuremnts and tools: Vesna Manjolovic.  Many of you will know Vesna
already as a trainer and through her very enthousiastic work on our
IPv6 promotion and IPv6 related measurements.  Vesna has been with the
RIPE NCC for more than 10 years; it gives me great pleasure to promote
her to a position that makes optimal use of her capabilities and ambitions.

Vesna's first priorities will be to establish relationships with current
and potential sponsors of RIPE Atlas and to help develop a plan for the
evoloution of RIPE TTM.  RIPE Atlas sponsors and RIPE TTM customers will
hear from her soon.

The decision to hire internally not only affirms that initiative and
effort are rewarded at the RIPE NCC; it also provides the budgetary room
to engage another person to help with the community building for
measurements: Ann Barcomb will therefore join Vesna in October.
>From that time both Vesna and Ann will start to work on additional
goals such as building a strong community around RIPEstat.

Please join me in welcoming Vesna and help her to achieve her goals,
which are also our common goals.

Daniel