[mat-wg] Some suggestions for stat.ripe.net

  • To: mat-wg@localhost
  • From: Mauricio Vergara Ereche mave@localhost
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 09:39:08 -0300

Hi!

I think that this is a great project! It has a nice interface and is very
useful to get an "one page" info for everything. Excelent work!

I have a few sugestions for the new system that I think can improve the value
of this project:

* Add an input field for each box, so the owner of the resource (or maybe
anyone, I haven't think this too hard) can add more info about that particular
item (ie: on geolocation, add the "true" location, on assignments within
allocation - well, it's obvious :-P)

* On the visibility test, when you get a "!" and a porcentage (let's say, 80%)
it would be great to know if there was 80% of the probes over there that
wasn't able to "see" the resource, or if 80% of the time was not visible, or
if 80% of the times failed to check. Anyhow, I think it would be great to know
more about this topic. If something failed, the hour of the fail, or the route
to get to that resource.

* Can you add a new box for do some kind of lookinglass over the resource from
different locations/peers? that would be awesome! When i have to test some
anycast cloud, i have to fly all over the looking glass that i can find, and
then do my own analysis.

Kind regards,

Mauricio

--
Mauricio Vergara Ereche                 User #188365 counter.li.org
DNS Admin NIC Chile                             mave [@] nic [.] cl