Re: [mat-wg] Live Egyptian Internet Incident Analysis

  • To: "Richard L. Barnes" rbarnes@localhost
  • From: Mark Dranse markd@localhost
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 19:35:29 +0100
  • Cc: mat-wg@localhost

Hi Richard,

On 30/01/2011 17:21:02, Richard L. Barnes wrote:
> Couple of suggestions/questions:
>
> -- Could you break out the ASes that are contribute to these graphs?
> Something like second graph on the Renesys blog entry [1], and/or links to
> the individual AS pages within RIPEstat or REX.  Same would be great for
> prefixes, but maybe not practical.

It's possible, but I'm reluctant to duplicate other work. We can look at
the complexity/benefit in business hours tomorrow.

> -- Is this page being automatically updated as things progress?  It will be
> interesting to see how things come back. (If they come back?)

It is being updated regularly via an automated process, so do please
keep checking http://stat.ripe.net/egypt, and it will track the
re-emergence of the Egyptian Internet.

> Thanks for keeping up with this, though.

You're welcome, we feel that this is a useful contribution to the
community. With a good level of support and interest, we can justify
investing more in such activities in the future.

I would be delighted to hear feedback from other list members on this
topic. Is this the sort of work you want to see from the RIPE NCC? Can
we alter or improve it to serve and inform you better?

Regards,

Mark

--
Mark Dranse