RE: Call for agenda items

  • To:
  • From: "Henk Uijterwaal \(RIPE-NCC\)" < >
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 10:18:59 +0200 (CEST)
  • Cc: "'Matthew Robinson'" < >

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your suggestions.

> > If anyone has anything that they would like including in the forthcoming TT
> > working group at the Budapest RIPE meeting please let me know.
>
> Perhaps pick up on some of the suggestions that came up at the last meeting
> e.g.
>
> 	- publish a paper, for the RFC track, on the project

I'm not quite sure if I understand this correctly.  There are a number of
RFC's (2330, 2779...) discussing what and how we measure things.  These
metrics have been implemented by us.  I don't think that a description of
a specific implementation of a group of RFC's is worth another RFC.

That said, I think it would be a good idea to publish a paper on the
project that can be referred to in the near future.  My requirements for a
medium would be a well-known publication, preferably one with a peer
review procedure. Any suggestions which journal might be appropriate for
this?

> 	- more analysis of current data
> 	- derive other quantities, such as throughput

If you (or anybody else) have specific ideas or just a list of things that
you want to know and should be in the TTM data, can you put them on a
slide so that we have some starting point for a discussion?

> 	- can a single metric be derived for each site?

I'm not sure what you mean here.  I think a metric should apply to a
quantitity, then be measured for all sites, not be site specific.

> 	- an electronic badge for web pages of participants, to show how
> 		cool they are to take part in this project
>
> (OK, I made up that last one).

Nice idea though, Regards,

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                    Email: henk.uijterwaal@localhost
RIPE Network Coordination Centre     WWW: http://www.ripe.net/home/henk
Singel 258                         Phone: +31.20.535-4414,  Fax -4445
1016 AB Amsterdam                   Home: +31.20.4195305
The Netherlands                   Mobile: +31.6.55861746

A man can take a train and never reach his destination.
                                               (Kerouac, well before RFC2780).