Use of the test boxes as SLA monitors

  • To: "'tt-wg@localhost" < >
  • From: Jones Robert < >
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 14:37:10 +0200

Hi,
This is my first mail to the mailing list,  so I hope it is a fresh subject.

I would like to start offering some SLA "guarantees" to my customers.  These
would basically revolve around ping times to selected locations.  The SLA
will not be too tight,  but I would hope that I could improve it over time.
(It would be something like 95% of pings to a set of pre-defined locations
having a one-way delay of X,  but there would have to be some exclusions.)

My question is,  if I install a text box in my network,  can I use the
resulting output to "prove" to my customers the performance of my network?
I would have no intention of comparing our results with other providers,
but obviously my customers might!  Would this violate the terms of the
agreement?
Comments?
Robert.