Re: Fw: Re: DANTE CERT Service

  • To:
  • From: Piet Beertema < >
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 1994 16:26:40 +0100
  • Cc:

    Having been round most of the organisations in our empires perhapse
    we should think again about government ones? Some the activities we
    are interested in are illegal
Illegal by which law(s)?

    so perhapse this also points to police/government or some combination.
Are you kidding? Involving police/government might well become
counterproductive, since their ideas about (computer) security
are often a bit strange, to put it mildly. A clear case is the
proposal recently by the Dutch government for making encryption
effectively illegal; needless to say that this led to a storm
of protest and eventually to the withdrawal of the proposal;
and to the even more rapid spreading of PGP....

	Piet