New at the RIPE NCC: Geert Jan de Groot

  • To: RIPE Meeting Attendees ripe-org@localhost, RIPE Operational Contacts ripe-op@localhost, Local Internet Registries in Europe local-ir@localhost
  • From: Daniel Karrenberg <Daniel.Karrenberg@localhost
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jan 1994 12:59:52 +0100
  • Cc: Geert Jan de Groot geertj@localhost, PRIDE Funding Partners pride-partners@localhost, PRIDE Discsussion List pride-list@localhost

First, a successful 1994 from all of us at the RIPE NCC!

As of today our staffing has changed.  Marten Terpstra has joined
Tony Bates on the PRIDE project full time and will help Tony to achieve
the ambitious goals of PRIDE during the coming months.

Marten's work at the NCC will be taken up by Geert Jan de Groot who
joins us today.  Geert Jan comes to us from Philips where he has
supported various development projects by providing an excellent
computing and communications infrastructure.  He is a HAM, a qualified
SUN field service engineer and an experienced system administrator.
Some of you may have met him during the RIPE technical days where he
helped us to show you IP over ISDN.

Geert Jan will join Anne Lord and myself in providing the NCC's core
services from today.  I ask all of you to welcome Geert Jan and to help
him get used to his new responsibilities quickly.

The PRIDE and NCC staff work as one team.  So it is quite possible that
you might deal with Marten or Tony on NCC matters occasionally see
Geert Jan or Anne involved in PRIDE activities.

Regards

Daniel Karrenberg
RIPE NCC & PRIDE Project Manager