Re: RIPE DNS Hostcount July 1993

  • To: pwj@localhost
  • From: Piet.Beertema@localhost
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1993 13:52:53 +0200
  • Cc: cerf@localhost, ripe-list@localhost

    >     - DE is getting very close to be the first European country
    >       to reach 100,000 machines.
    > With 90478 hosts the UK is also pretty close.

    I don't have the latest hostcount in front of me, but I think
    this is a quote from the wrong column, isn't it? I think the
    'real' number is at least 10,000 less than that.
I've taken the number from the COUNTED column, since
the DE (and UK) figures there come most close to the
number of 100,000 that Marten quoted.

    Anyway, we're number 2 - although we do claim to try harder,
    as they say. :-)
Change gears, and UK may win the race. ;-)

	Piet