RARE Technical Report 1 - latest edition now available

  • To: ripe-list@localhost
  • From: Jill.Foster@localhost
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 93 09:59:33 BST

 RARE Technical Report 1: User Support and Information Services in
 Europe - a status report has been updated and is now available.
 It is 75 pages long.

 Thanks to all the individual contributors, to Barabra Thomas
 (NISP/Mailbase) for helping me to collate and edit and proof read the
 document and to Josefien Bersee who has performed a herculean task in
 formatting it to provide a very attractive printed version of it.

 This printed version will be available at the Joint European
 Conference in May and thereafter from the RARE Secretariat
 (raresec@localhost).  Meanwhile a postscript version is available from
 the RARE Document Server.

 To Retrieve this technical report from the Rare Document Server

       by anonymous FTP:

       ftp erasmus.rare.nl
       cd doc/rtr
       get rtr1

   OR
       get rtr1.ps

   for the postscript version

       by E-mail:

       send message to: server@localhost
       with the following in the message part :
       send doc/rtr/rtr1

  OR
       send doc/rtr/rtr1.ps

   for the postscript version

 In the current document you will find information on the following
 networks:
 National networks:
           Austria         ACONET
           Belgium         BNAN
           Croatia         CARNet
           Denmark         DENet
                           DKNET
           Finland         FUNET
           France          EARN-France
                           RED400
           Germany         DFN
           Greece          ARIADNE
           Hungary         HUNGARNET
           Iceland         ISnet
           Ireland         HEANET
           Italy           GARR
           Luxembourg      RESTENA
           The Netherlands SURFnet
           Norway          UNINETT
           Portugal        RCCN
           Slovakia        SANET
           Slovenia        ARNES
           Spain           RedIRIS
           Sweden          SUNET
           Switzerland     SWITCH
           Turkey          TUVAKA
           United Kingdom  JANET

 Regional networks:
           NORDUnet        The Nordic Countries

 European networks/institutes:
           CERN            Europe
           EARN            Europe
           EUnet           Europe
           RIPE            Europe

 Whilst every effort has been made to contact the "correct" person for
 each network, we are anxious to ensure that this has in fact happened
 and that we have covered all national academic and research networks
 within each country.  In addition, there are countries that have not
 so far provided information for the report.  We would be grateful if
 you could look at your country's section of the report and let us know
 if we have failed to contact the correct person(s).  Please note that
 any corrections to the actual information about your country's network
 should be made to the country contact, with a copy to the report editor.

 Jill Foster - Chairman RARE ISUS WG
 Jill.Foster@localhost

 Josefien Bersee - RARE Secretariat
 bersee@localhost