Re: FYI - RARE ATM Pilot preparation

  • To: "Michael E. Walsh" WALSH@localhost, Milan Sterba <Milan.Sterba@localhost, ripe-list@localhost
  • From: Dennis Jennings JENNINGS@localhost
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 93 23:41:46 GMT

I read with interest the note on the proposed ATM Pilot.

You may be interested to learn that Interop has established a company in
Paris - called Interop Europe - and they will be running the first INTEROP
Eruope week in October this year.

Among the many events taking places are:

1.  A two day graduate level tutorial on ATM to be given by Martin de Prycker.

2.  A number of sessions in the Interop Conference on ATM in the LAN and WAN.

3.  A Solution Showcase demonstration of ATM technologies interworking between
    LAN and WAN products - approximately 20 companies have already signed up.

4.  A wide range of equipment and demonstrations in the Interop Exhibition.

As you know, Interop in the US has strong ties into the research community -
indeed, Dan Lynch, President of Interop, is on the IAB.  Interop Europe
hopes to develop similar strong ties to the European research community, and
has already sponsored a number of activities and events.

This message is not intended to be an advertisement for Interop, but a
source of useful information.  If anyone would like any further information
on Interop Europe, or the INTEROP '93 Europe Paris events, please let me know,
and I will arrange to have information sent to you.

Dennis