IP address allocation procedures

  • To:
  • From: Marten Terpstra < >
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 92 16:47:31 +0200

People,

another revision of an internet-draft concerning global IP address allocation
was produced. We would like those of you interested (we should all be ;-) to
have a look at it and comment.

We are happy to gather comments, and send them to the authors of this draft,
or maybe even have a chance to exchange ideas with one of the authors next
week in Paris (You are going to be there, aren't you Elise ?)

Anyway, copied from the announcement:
--
A Revised Internet Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

       Title     : Guidelines for IP Address Allocation
       Author(s) : Y. Rekhter, T. Li, E. Gerich
       Filename  : draft-rekhter-ipaddress-guide-04.txt
       Pages     : 31

This paper provides guidelines and a plan for allocating IP addresses
in the Internet. These guidelines and the plan are intended to play an
important role in steering the Internet towards the Address Assignment
and Aggregating Strategy.
--

It is available at at

ftp.ripe.net:internet-drafts/draft-rekhter-ipaddress-guide-04.txt

Ciao, and see you all in Paris,

-Marten