Draft agenda for the European connectivity WG
- Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1992 17:27:37 +0200
Here is the first draft for our agenda at the next RIPE meeting in Paris.
I consider a meeting of this WG during the Paris meeting as usefull and
suppose that we will need two 1.5 hour blocks to cover the topics.
Thanks for comments and suggestions.
* CEEC report revisited (discussion -> new report before end oct.)
* Ebone/non-Ebone coutries/networks relationship (clarification)
(this related to a more general problem of AUP's in different
* CEEC connectivity scheme optimization (with respect to existing
and realistically planned connections, eg. IXI extensions, recent
Ebone evolutions etc.)
discussion -> recommendation
* commercial use of international links in poorely connected countries
(current state and possibilities) <-> (Glenn's WG)
* non-connected coutries - state of the art and what can we do
* overview of actions to support networking in CEEC countries
(joint research, network schools, conferences, direct help, etc.)
summary -> NIDUS WG
* regional mapping process coordination for CEEC (regional mapping
* towards a global network architecture in Europe in the environment
of multiple IP providers (regional NAP's, routing servers and
arbiters) (BOF - is this scheme suitable for Europe ?)
Of course there is one major theme in European connectivity, which is
the EMPB IP Pilot/Ebone and OU/Ebone relationships. But I suppose this
topic will be covered in plenary. I add some more comments on this in
a separate mail.
Prague School of Economics e-mail : Milan.Sterba@localhost
Computing Center tel : +42 2 21 25 704
nam. W. Churchilla 4 home: +42 2 823 78 59
130 67 Praha 3 fax : +42 2 235 85 09