Re: SIRCE

  • To: Lajos Balint < >
  • From: Daniel Karrenberg < >
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 16:27:38 +0100
  • Cc:

Lajos,

I have little time to react in detail right now but I do not want to
leave your widely circulated message unanswered for a long time.
Hence a very quick reaction.

  > Lajos Balint h48bal@localhost writes:
  >
  > On one hand, the RIPE NCC did prepare a well elaborated project plan
  > (as it is common with any RIPE NCC activities).
  >
  > However, on the other hand, nothing was mentioned about the background
  > situation which Petter is talking about.

I vehemently disagree with you here!  A whole document was written
explaining the background situation: ripe-149.  This document has no
other purpose than to explain this background and explain the reasoning
behind the unusually quick way in which the project proposal was
prepared.  It mentions all relavant parts of the background.
If you do not agree I suggest you point out omissions quickly to
this audience because time is short. I also wonder why you have not
spoken up earlier to fill in any gaps. The documents were published
four weeks ago.

  > While potential supporters are well informed about the plans of the
  > RIPE NCC, they are mislead by the presentation:
  > most of them even don't know about the full picture.

I obviously disagree with this statement too.  Since you imply that we
mislead people, please explain exactly in which particular way we
are doing that.

  > %STJ We wait for a decision made by TERENA about European CERT
  >      coordination.

I agree with you now that a statement like this would have been a good
idea.  I simply did not think of it.  As an explanation for this I can
only offer that the statements were based on comments we had received
prior to making the questionnaire.  Your comment is the first we receive
in this direction.

Daniel

  • Post To The List: