Re: Meeting, Charging & Documents

  • To: (Tech Support)
  • From: (Winfried Haug)
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 09:27:39 +0200 (MET DST)
  • Cc:

We are unable to come to the meeting (sorry)...but here is our vote...

a good reason for model 1 is, that it has been working in the past and is
simple to manage, but we prefer model3. (an no points for model2 :-) )

Since the German NIC has stoped to assign Class C Networks, because these
Class C Blocks look now like cheese of switzerland :-), some providers
here in germany have started to assign class c networks for free. They
dont tell the companies, that these class c networks are out of their PA
space and if they choose another provider they could have to renumber and
give this class c network back.
The idea is clear: they want to gain new customers with this strategy.
We dont think that this is a good idea. Some of these companies never
provided any network plan :-). We dont see, that is our duty to force
renumbering of these customers only to avoid holes in a cdir block of
another isp.
We think that model3 would avoid ISPs to "hord" class c networks for
companies..
We completly agree with Mike

> The registary size should be dependant on how much address space it uses
> up.
>
> ie:
>
> Small	upto 2x /19
> Medium	3x /19 to /16
> Large	Above /16
>
> This would stop people hording up ip address.
> This would also seem fair to paying for a Medium or Large registary then!
>
> Mike O'BradY
> ON-NET

Thank you...
---
Winfried Haug    |         SEICOM.DE & SCHWABEN.DE       | Tel. 07121 9770- 0
Laiblinsplatz 12 |   Internet+ISDN access & consulting   | Fax. 07121 9770-19
72793 Pfullingen | Access in STGT + RT + TUE + BB + LB   | uucp 07127 989-XXX
haug@localhost  40*ISDN (64kb/X.75) / 42 * 28.800    | ISDN 07127 9756-XX
haug@localhost  |SAP-OSS * FTP * TELNET * NETNEWS * IRC | Telex 729 439
                    *** 2 MBit DE-CIX Connectivity ***