Re: Meeting, Charging & Documents

  • To: RHS Linux User < >
  • From: Daniel Karrenberg < >
  • Date: Mon, 09 Sep 1996 09:59:48 +0200
  • Cc: NCC Contributors < >

  > RHS Linux User moby@localhost writes:
  >
  > But can someone teel me what is the difference between Small, Medium and
  > Large Registary? If there isnt apart for the amount of money we give RIPE
  > then what is the point?

Mike,

the only tangible difference at the moment is that we publish the
sizes for everyone to see and that we list larger LIRs before smaller
ones in our reference pages.

The self determined size categories go back to a time not so long ago
when the Internet culture was slightly different and the ISPs agreed that
this was a good mechanism to fund the NCC in a fair manner.

Perhaps these times have passed and we need to investigate more stringent
mechanisms to determine registry size?

Daniel