Stop 'time permitting' service now?
- Date: Thu, 21 Sep 1995 16:35:14 +0200
you have decided to discontinue the 'time-permtting' service
which the NCC currently provides to
- registries who do not sign the service agreement
- registries which have overdue invoices
The queue for 'time-permtting' requests is currently longer than 330 and
is not being processed because of the backlog we have processing normal
requests. I do not forsee that we will be able to process a substantial
amount of the queued requests this year, let alone empty the queue.
This has two serious problems:
- Requestors get the wrong impression that they will eventually
- Keeping the 'time-permtting' queue and answering queries about
requests in it costs resources.
I therefore suggest that we discontinue 'time-permtting' service per
October 1st. The submitters of requests remaining in the queue and
of any new requests not from a registry in good standing will then
be refered to the list of existing registries.
In case I do not hear serious disagreement before that October 1st,
I assume you agree.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
RIPE NCC Manager