[lirportal@localhost] New Functionality on the LIR Portal

  • To:
  • From: Axel Pawlik < >
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 16:49:38 +0200

[Apologies for duplicate mails.]

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce added functionality to the LIR Portal,
the web interface that provides LIRs with increased access to the
RIPE NCC.

As part of an ongoing commitment to security and reliability we
have deployed our own Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) within the
LIR Portal. Members can generate an X.509 certificate and then
use it to access the LIR Portal in a secure and seamless manner.

More information on PKI can be found in the draft document
"Improved Secure Communication System for RIPE NCC Members"
found at:

http://www.ripe.net/ripe/draft-documents/pki-20030429.html

The LIR Portal also includes an Allocation Editor. The Allocation
Editor allows an LIR to update specific fields, including contact
information, within an allocation inetnum object without having to
contact a RIPE NCC Hostmaster. This feature will allow LIRs to make
these changes much faster than in the past.

Finally, you will find a new section on the LIR Portal entitled "Tools"
that presents a collection of useful member tools and utilities. This
section includes:

Online Meeting Registration
Whois Queries
Online Bill Payment
Ticket Information and Status
IPCount
Password Encryption
RIS Queries
Online Training Registration

More features will be added to the LIR Portal to enhance ease of use,
manipulation of data and easy access to the RIPE NCC's services.

We welcome your feedback. Comments on these and other features of the
LIR Portal should be sent to lirportalfeedback@localhost.

Kind regards,

Axel Pawlik