[irrtoolset]inet-rtr logic

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Mon Sep 13 14:46:10 CEST 2004

Greetings,

	I'm trying to understand how RtConfig uses the inet-rtr to search for
data.

I have an inet-rtr object with the following peer:

peer:       BGP4 198.32.245.8 asno(AS13657)

The import/export info of the aut-num object for AS13657 looks like
this:

import:             from AS701  accept ANY
import:             from AS10678  accept ANY
import:             from AS843  accept ANY
import:             from AS10568  accept AS10568
import:             from AS5764  accept AS5764
export:             to AS10568  announce ANY
export:             to AS10678  announce AS13657 AS13657:AS-CUSTOMERS
export:             to AS843  announce ANY
export:             to AS5674  announce ANY

When I run RtConfig configureRouter <inet-rtr>

I get a list of prefixes for AS10568 and AS5764, but not for AS13657
itself.  I've read RFC2622 and the man page for IrrToolSet, but it
doesn't give any indication as to how far it's search key extends into
the aut-num object referenced in the peer: entry of the inet-rtr
object.

inet-rtr doesn't imply having a reciprocal entry in the inet-rtr
objects peer's aut-num object, does it?