[im-support] Re: The ITU, the RIRs and IP address assignment

  • To: "'im-support@localhost" < >
  • From: Mike Norris < >
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:33:19 -0000

I'm writing, in a personal capacity, to express support for the
NRO response, on behalf of RIPE and the other regional registries,
to the ITU proposal on IPv6 addresses.  I should declare an
interest here: I work for a national research and education
network, and so have an not entirely altruistic preference for
the continued success of the Internet.  That's why I view with
real concern the unwarranted demarche by the ITU in a process which
is based on ground-up consensus, is self-regulatory, and is
working quite well, so does not need fixing.

Regards.

Mike Norris