[Hackathon-list] Getting the (very) recent history for a measurement from the streaming API

Chris Amin camin at ripe.net
Fri Mar 27 16:50:45 CET 2015

Hi!

You now have or will soon have the preview version of the streaming API
documentation on your USB stick. As I mentioned, I actually forgot to
document the parameter for giving you enough data to cover the gap
between the latest stuff in the REST API and the version of "now" in the
live stream.

You do it like this:

socket.emit('atlas_subscribe', {
	msm: MSM_ID,
	sendBacklog: true
})

This will give you an "amount" of data (currently 4 minutes, but we
reserve the right to change this!), which is intended to cover that gap
in the vast majority of cases. You will have to deal with duplicate
results if you're trying to join on to the end of a REST API dataset.

Sorry for the omission. Of course you can come and talk to me if you
have any other queries.

Cheers,
Chris