RIPE NCC to begin allocating from 87/8

  • To:
    , <
  • From: leo vegoda <
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:06:26 -0400

Dear Colleagues,

This announcement is being sent to multiple lists. I apologise for duplicates.

The RIPE NCC received the IPv4 address range - (85/8, 86/7 and 88/8) from the IANA in April 2004.

We began making allocation from 85/8 in August 2004 and from 86/8 in March, this year. We expect to start making allocations from 87/8 in the next few weeks.

We have been announcing two prefixes from 87/8: and, which originated in AS12654. These announcements have now been withdrawn as we will start to allocate from this /8. We are currently announcing two prefixes from 88/8, from which we will allocate in a few months. Those announcements are: and, originating in AS12654.

Details of the BGP announcements, reachability tools and other information are available on our web site at:

You may want to update any filters you have in place.

Kind regards,

leo vegoda
Registration Services Manager