Re: ENUM domain names in Poland

  • To: Stastny Richard < >
  • From: James Seng < >
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 08:30:48 +0800
  • Cc: "Conroy, Lawrence (SMTP)" < >

well, anyone can do whatever they want already, including commerical.

ietf traditional has it that we dont mandate anyone to follow the standard...but we strong advise them to be if they want to interop.

so, an information or even bcp about how to migrate over to 2916bis would at minimal useful.

ps: of cos, countries or regions may lay down policy to mandate companies within their influence to adopt certain standard

Stastny Richard wrote:

It could be much simpler. Anybody doing a trial can do what he wants.

Anybody going commercial should use only 2916bis.
In Europe it is even simpler: anybody implemeting ENUM should
use the only official standard available, namely ETSI TS 201 172.