<<< Chronological >>> Author Index    Subject Index <<< Threads

ENUM - practical use

  • From: AG Projects < >
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:44:11 +0100

If you call +31-20-8005299 on PSTN you will get actually to my IP phone ag@localhost
This is an example of how practically ENUM helps implementing the convergence between PSTN and Next Generation Networks.

Adrian Georgescu
DNS and ENUM Management

On Monday, Dec 22, 2003, at 12:00 Europe/Amsterdam, enum-trials-request@localhost wrote:

Today's Topics:

1. ENUM uses (Amelia Effendi)

Message: 1
Subject: ENUM uses
From: "Amelia Effendi" s9912645@localhost
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:02:44 +1100

Hi all,

I wish to know your opinion on possible ENUM uses. What do you, as a custom=
er would use ENUM for? This will only be for my research purpose.

Up until now, I have not been able to find ENUM uses explained apart from a=
list of possible application. but how do they interact, i am not sure.

For example, your device has a list of choice on how you want to contact yo=
ur colleague, and when they are not available to pick your call, the devi=
ce will tell you what other method you could use to contact them?

thank you very much,
amelia effendi

End of enum-trials Digest

  • Post To The List:
<<< Chronological >>> Author    Subject <<< Threads