Re: ENUM test registrar operational

  • To: "Stastny Richard" < >
  • From: Patrik F�ltstr�m < >
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:54:16 +0100
  • Cc: "bill" < >
    "Marco Bernardi" < >
    < >

On torsdag, feb 27, 2003, at 10:43 Europe/Stockholm, Stastny Richard wrote:

Finally we may set up in .at what we want, this is a national issue
(BTW, did you complain about e164.com from netnumber?).
Yes I did object to e164.com until netnumber clearly stated what it was to be used for, and why.

The same way I have already seen people being confused about this domain of yours (including people in the Swedish Government) claiming this initiative and announcement came from RIPE NCC (i.e. to a certain degree approved by someone, TSB/ITU-T/IAB/IETF etc).

Domains for "testing" is something people have been doing in many domains (including the one netnumber use of course) so why one more? Why announce it on this list which is about ENUM trials, and unfortunately the wording in the announcement obviously was confusing to people.

You here/now stated clearly your view and why you did this. I hope that helps the current situation.

Regards, Patrik