[enum-request] Delegation of

  • From:
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 18:02:53 +0200 (SAST)

Dear RIPE,

What are the procedures to follow to request delegation of the zone, being the South African part of the ENUM number space? is currently not delegated, consequently I am not able to
register my South African numbers in the ENUM namespace.

Voice-over-IP telephony in South Africa will be legal from February 2005.
Network operators interested in implementing VOIP networks need to start
preparing their networks - which should include the ability to setup ENUM

You will be aware that the zone is in real danger of sliding
into irrelevance as operators find themselves unable to use it and turn to
alternatives such as and others.

As an operator interested in supporting Internet standards, I'd like to
avoid that for South Africa.

Steve Davies

  • Post To The List: