Re: Services Operations WG

  • To:
  • From: Dave Morton < >
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 94 16:40:10 +0100
  • Cc:

>Ran,
>
>>Several corporate networks are actually large enough that they should
>>have been included in BGP-4 discussions.
>
>Most of the BGP-4 deployment discussion have been within the BGPD
>(BGP Deployment) WG. Since the IETF is completely open, I would
>assume that the folks you are referring to already participate
>in BGP-4 discussions (using BGPD and its mailing list). Is that a
>correct assumption ?
>
>Yakov.

Yakov,

No - it's not for some parts of Europe I'd guess. Many large corporate
users never even heard of BGP4/CIDR.....

Then again this shouldn't be real problem since most will not have
backdoors and thus won't need it right away.... I'm sure most providers
have informed their customers that have such setups if any so it's not
a problem for those connected but potentially for those not yet aware
and wanting to connect to multiple providers in say different countries.

Dave