tcp-conn hang at end of "server...low priority"

  • From: "Wilfried Woeber, UniVie/ACOnet" < >
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 1994 17:37:43 MET
  • Cc:

  Dear DB-folks!

  My whois client seems to have problems in closing the TCP connection to
  the server at the end of a "more specifics" query that puts the server
  into "low priority mode".

  Looking at the output, it seems that I get all the information I should
  be getting (in the sequence in which it was loaded into the DB).
  Then my server just hangs. Has anybody else seen this before?

  I never have seen problems (even with long output lists) which don't
  put the server in low-priority mode.

  Anything that I may be doing wrong?
  Thanks.
  Wilfried.